Junior Consultant (proposal writer, project assistant), several sectors
PNO Innovation Brussels
PNO Consultants is a professional pan-European consulting organization in the field of innovation and grants, with a strong focus on enabling and exploiting European innovation networks on the crossroads of academia, industry and public organisations. We offer advice and actively engage in innovation processes enabled by national and European public funding, targeting multiple sectors, from ICT, electronics, aeronautics and transport, to energy, environment, chemistry, biotech and health. We use our European wide network of experienced consultants, their large clients’ portfolio and proprietary Open Innovation instruments, to deliver high quality consultancy with a hands-on mentality.
You will work with colleagues throughout Europe, within EU funded projects and with clients from a range of sectors including leading FTSE 100 organisations through to Innovative SME’s and leading academic institutions. Based at our Brussels-EU office, a unit funded in 2014 to complement our national offices around Europe, you will be part of an entrepreneurial European company and with your work contribute to PNO engagement with European research and innovation networks, supporting the development of our position at the centre of the latest EU developments, fostering the acknowledgment of PNO as a key player and valuable stakeholder by EU Institutions and other relevant organisations in the Brussels networks, and contribute to develop and deliver top quality services to our clients.
- Employer: PNO Innovation Brussels (PNO’s EU operation);
- Job title: Junior Consultant (proposal writer, project assistant), several sectors
- Place of Work: Brussels, occasional travels within the EU;
- Salary and Benefits: Competitive, based on experience;
Term of contract: 1 year, with serious outlook to permanent position.
Sectors of interest (choose one):
- BioEconomy (including biomass, food and agro)
- Circular Economy (including Critical Raw Materials, Process Industry, Recycling)
- Environment (including Energy, Environment, Water)
- ICT (including software, hardware, photonics, security)
- Transport (including mobility, logistics, aerospace)
- Life Science (including life science, health, biotech, pharma, med-tech)
- MUST HAVE Scientific or Engineering university degree, preferably related to the sectors listed above (scientific focus in combination with business degree is an asset).
- Excellent English written and oral skills; experience in a position involving the drawing up of reports/documents. Other languages not required.
- Some experience in external funding, preferably with European Framework Programmes (eg: Horizon 2020), or drawing up of technical and market reports.
- Insight and knowledge in market analyses, business planning, private finance, intellectual property (having contributed to drafting a business plan is an asset).
- Availability to travel within the country and in Europe at short notice if required.
- Availability to live and work in Brussels from day 1 (location Brussels, travel in Europe).
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Attention to details
As Junior Consultant (proposal writer, project assistant) you will be involved in the full range of our PNO Innovation Brussels unit, including Grant Application, Project Participation and Commercial Consulting. Typical tasks include:
- Grant Application (GA): support to Senior Consultants in writing EU project proposals (eg: Horizon 2020, LIFE), including scientific excellence, societal impact and project implementation, budget, deliverables and planning. Conceptualisation, visualisation and iterative challenging of the project ideas;
- Project Participation (PP): support to Senior Consultants in the implementation of tasks within EU funded projects, with particular attention to starting up and realisation of official deliverables. Typical activities include: market analysis, stakeholder analysis, workshops organisation, business plan formulation, exploitation and replication strategies planning;
- Commercial Consulting (CC): occasional support to Senior Consultants in the execution of our high-end innovation consulting (management consulting) services, especially for European Institutions, Technology Platforms, Sector Organisations and large corporate clients.