Consultant, EU Affairs
The Consultant, EU affairs will take an active role at developing, managing and executing sustainable energy-related EU-funded projects, with a particular focus on:
- Project delivery: Actively contributing to projects delivery for European Commission, European Parliament and other international institutions, in the field of: ex-ante / ex-poste evaluation of public policies in the sustainable energy and transport sector, economic impact assessments, evaluation of innovation and research programs in the energy sector, and related topics.
- Project management: Managing the execution of EU projects, including EU project management, coordination of team inputs, making sure projects are delivered on-time, on-scope, on-budget to expected Hinicio’s high-quality & high-value standards.
- Project development: Actively contributing to the development of EU project opportunities in the field of sustainable energy and transport, research and innovation through direct interactions with European Institutions and strategic partners and the elaboration of successful project proposals with the support of senior managers.
- Knowledge: Actively contribute to the development of Hinicio’s expertise, know-how and brand reputation.
- S/he will report to the Director EMEA
Expected skills and expertise:
- Expert, with written track of record of success, on preparation and coordination of collaborative innovation projects for the European Institutions (this is a must);
- A high motivated individual with a proven experience at executing, managing and developing EU-funded projects and studies in the energy / cleantech sector;
- Previous experience of 2 to 5 years in a leading consulting firm, energy utility or relevant organization in the field of renewable energies, hydrogen and fuel cells and/or a related cleantech sectors;
- An excellent knowledge of European energy, climate and sustainable mobility policies;
- A track record at delivering complex macro-economic, regulatory and policy studies built on robust analytical skills;
- Business acumen and motivation to generate new projects and business opportunities in liaison with senior staffs;
- A team player, creative, open networker, self-confident, very organized and solution-driven with solid written and oral communication skills, able to lead by example and support peers;
- A perfect command of English and French is required, with strong redaction skills;
- Ideal candidates combine experience on Engineering, Economics and policy related aspects, either by academic background or experience.
Nice to have:
- Good command of Dutch or Spanish.
- Project experience in hydrogen and fuel cells.