BEUC - European Consumer Organisation
BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is looking to recruit a Training Officer and Project Coordinator.
Full-time to start as soon as possible
1 year contract (with possibilities of renewal)
As part of BEUC’s capacity building team you will:
- Coordinate the overall implementation of an EU project aimed at developing trainings “for SMEs on consumer rights in the digital age”. Project coordination will include planning and reporting duites;
- Contribute to the development of an adult training concept and coordinate in particular the preparation of the training modules, the trainers’ and trainees’ handbooks, as well as other support material (ex. online modules in the form of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs));
- Work on different communication and organisational aspects of the project, including the “train-the-trainers” sessions;
- Liaise with the consortium partners in order to organise local training sessions of SMEs in EU Member States.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A candidate with a relevant Master degree and 3-4 years of work experience in developing/organising/facilitating adult training courses;
- S/he must have demonstrated capacity to develop teaching content (ideally on consumer affairs subject matters), including online learning material;
- Demonstrated expertise in project coordination and in working with EU and national stakeholders of at least 3 Member States;
- S/he must be familiar with website management and the development/management of MOOCs;
- Interest in or willingness to learn about consumer affairs;
- Good communication/presentation skills and positive attitude to interact with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Team spirit, well-organised with good attention to detail, multi-tasking and able to work under tight deadlines, IT-literate;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English; good knowledge of French or other EU language is an asset.
What we offer:
- A multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting the consumer interests;
- The opportunity to meet and work with consumer representatives and other experts from more than 30 European countries;
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave).
Applications for the position should be sent by 27 January 2017 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Training Officer.
Interviews will take place in Brussels as of 1 February 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (with your name as title):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What are for you the main challenges in adult training?
- Using maximum 250 words.
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
If you are interested in this position, you might want to learn more about EU consumer law and policies. You can do it by applying to Consumer Champion e-learning courses. Choose your topic of interest and follow the course in your language, at your own pace.