Node Director Spain
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation.
EIT Digital delivers breakthrough digital innovations to the market and breeds entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan-European ecosystem of over 130 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes; thus bringing together students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs in Co-Location Centres (CLC) in Berlin, Budapest, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Paris, Stockholm, Trento, and in its hub in Silicon Valley.
EIT Digital Spain
EIT Digital Spain operates from its Co-Location Centre in Madrid. The Spanish partnership consists of six partners, of which three are universities and R&D institutes and three are commercial companies. The Spanish Node is especially active in the Innovation areas Digital Industry and Digital Cities and hosts business developers from the EIT Digital Accelerator. In the Education area the Node participates in the Master and Doctoral Schools.
The purpose of this job is to lead the EIT Digital Spain Node including the management of the EIT Digital Spain Legal Entity. The Node Director will manage the EIT Digital Spain team, and will report to the CEO of EIT Digital. The Node Director will be a member of the EIT Digital Management Committee and will collaborate closely with the EIT Digital C-level officers as well as with the EIT Digital Action Line Leaders.
This is a full-time position. The place of employment is the EIT Digital Spain at Madrid CLC. Regular travel across Europe is required for this position.
- Management of the EIT Digital Spain Node daily operations and direct reports;
- Together with the Node Strategy Committee develop EIT Digital Spain into an active, impactful, and recognised stronghold of EIT Digital in Spain, including the development of the partnership of EIT Digital in Spain;
- Align closely with and support the EIT Digital Action Line Leaders to guarantee operational excellence from the national partners in the education and innovation activities of the EIT Digital Action Lines in order to deliver on EIT Digital KPIs;
- Make the Co-location Centre in Spain a lively and vibrant place with multidisciplinary teams cross-pollinate including hosting startups;
- Act as the account manager to the EIT Digital Spain partnership including business introductions;
- Contribute to EIT Digital sustainability through acquisition of Spain national and regional financial support for the EIT Digital operations in Spain amongst others via liaison with national Innovation programs.
- 15 years of experience in digital innovation/transformation management positions, in industry and preferably across organisations;
- Strong leadership and operational management skills; strong team player with hands-on capacity;
- Strong experience in development and execution of digital innovation strategies with industry, startups, scaleups, universities, and research institutes;
- Strong national network (Business, VCs, Incubators, Innovation Centres, Universities);
- Strong international experience, especially in working with European organisations;
- Academic background in computer science or technical background with high digital relevance;
- Track record in acquisition of European, national and/or regional innovation financing;
- Strong presentation and public appearance skills in English (verbal, written) and ability to convey simple and effective value propositions and messages.
- Size, quality and diversity of the Node partnership;
- Contribution from the Node partners to the EIT Digital KPIs;
- Measurable economic and societal impact of EIT Digital in the national ecosystem;
- Contribution from the Node to the EIT Digital sustainability in terms of new sources of income including return on investment of EIT financial support;
- Success stories and promotion activities in the Node.
- Fluent in English and in Spanish with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of any of the following languages German, Swedish, French, Finnish, Dutch, Italian, or Hungarian is a merit.
Getting exposed to a multinational and disciplined work environment and contributing to a growing and recognised organisation, working in an entrepreneurial and integrated fashion with education, innovation, research centres and business partners.
Willem Jonker, CEO EIT Digital, email@example.com.
To Apply: Please mail a C.V. and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to node_director_Spain@eitdigital.eu.
Applications should be submitted before February 15, 2017.