Consultant – Education and Training
ICF Consulting Services
Brussels or London
Are you interested in helping to understand, explore and address the real world issues in European education and training systems – providing better education for everyone, helping disadvantaged children succeed in getting a qualification, increasing cross-border mobility of learners and ensuring learners acquire the skills they need to be successful in life and in the labour market – to name but a few?
ICF is one of the foremost providers of policy support services to the European Institutions and there is an opportunity for a Consultant to join our team working on education and training policies. ICF has more than 5,000 employees worldwide (with teams based in Europe, North America and beyond) ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Our Brussels team provides research, evaluation, impact assessment and technical assistance services predominantly to the European Commission and its agencies. The Consultant that we are looking for will mostly work in areas that are in the competence of Directorates General responsible for Education and Culture and Employment and Social Inclusion.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
About the role:
As a Consultant, you will be supporting project managers in the delivery of work to timescale and budget, with responsibility for team coordination on specific tasks, interpretation of data and the drafting of sections of reports and proposals. This will also entail building relationships with clients to ensure you understand their requirements and can work collaboratively with them to deliver high quality and high impact outputs. You will also participate in project teams, providing your specific research and evaluation skills, education and training knowledge and support to other colleagues as required.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including a track record in using qualitative and/or quantitative research methods;
- Ability to interpret data and synthesise information from a variety of sources, and experience of translating evidence into practice;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of European and/or national education and training systems. Knowledge of vocational education and training systems is a plus;
- Experience of contributing to European level projects and/or proposals for European Commission clients and/or its agencies is an advantage;
- At least 4 years of specific subject area professional experience. Experience in analysis and evaluation of EU policies in areas of education and training would be an advantage;
- Experience in coordinating a group of persons to ensure timely delivery of high quality products within agreed deadlines;
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with experience of tailoring outputs for different audiences. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage;
- Evidence of continuous personal development aligned to professional and technical skills;
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
- Team player with a positive work ethic and a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to remain organised with a high level of attention to detail while effectively adapting to changing priorities;
- Ability to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality;
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and sub-contractors;
- Willing to travel within Europe as required.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with a benefits package;
- Continual professional development programme;
- Opportunity to travel;
- Flexible working conditions.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2017.