Business Development Director
DAI Incorporating HTSPE
DAI is looking for a candidate with experience of working with the European Commission or other European donors to work in our office in Brussels, to help to generate a portfolio of new service and framework contracts and ensure the company is recognised as a reputable firm in the EC market.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that DAI Brussels and affiliated companies profit and turnover targets are achieved through the generation of proposals of the highest quality whilst displaying sound leadership, marketing and technical expertise. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing effective partnerships in the EC market, including with partner companies and experts.
The successful candidate will have:
- as a minimum, a Master’s degree or equivalent in a development related subject;
- experience of working overseas, ideally on development projects;
- commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client development and management;
- solid understanding of proposal development process, project management systems and best practices;
- experience of working with the EC and other European donors;
- excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to achieve the goals of DAI Brussels and affiliated companies;
- excellent written English and a proven ability to write well under pressure; and
- a working knowledge of French.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the European Commission, the UK Department for International Development, USAID, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and philanthropies.
More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com.
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, and you have the right to work within the EEA, apply via the DAI website at:
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th January 2017. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place progressively.