BEUC - European Consumer Organisation
BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, in cooperation with ICRT and ANEC is currently looking for a FUNDRAISING OFFICER (Full time contract, three years).
With at least three years of experience in fundraising, you will report principally to BEUC’s Director General and work to deliver our new Fundraising Strategy, mainly focused on Foundations and the EU.
The position will require:
- Strategic development, including identification of areas of development that can best fit within common priorities of the three organisations;
- Communication and relationship management, including the development and implementation of a fundraising communication strategy; meeting Donors and Prospect Donors; representing the organisations in donor/philanthropic sector conferences;
- Project Development, including idea development, schedules and budgets through to launch;
- Internal outreach within the organisations to build capacity on project development and to grasp priorities and funding needs;
- Research funding opportunities, including the identification of new funders and the monitoring of EU/UN/other institutions websites for funding opportunities;
- Project Management, including management of the timetable for developing, writing and submitting high quality applications and keeping everybody on track.
The main qualifications that we are looking for are:
- A university degree and/or recognised qualification in fundraising;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in fundraising;
- Excellent writing and presentational skills in English are essential, with other European languages desirable;
- Demonstrable results in fundraising;
- Interest in and willingness to learn about consumer affairs.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within three organisations dedicated to the promotion of consumer rights;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and well established international foundations in the EU Member States and beyond;
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, 20 days legal holiday + 5 days extra-legal paid leave - prorata);
- Located in Brussels, with regular missions to London;
- An initial contract of 3 years.
Applications for the position should be sent before 20 January 2017 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Fundraising Officer.
- Interviews will take place in Brussels;
- Expected starting date is March 2017;
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (in English):
1. A short motivation letter;
2. A detailed curriculum-vitae;
3. In a separate document, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the consumer movement?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work for the consumer movement, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should we appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you above other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What would be your contribution to our fundraising activities?
- Maximum 150 words.
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
If you are interested in this position, you might want to learn more about EU consumer law and policies. You can do it by applying to Consumer Champion e-learning courses. Choose your topic of interest and follow the course in your language, at your own pace.