Head of Brussels Public Affairs Office
- Responsible for the representation and profiling of EDEKA at European level (primarily Brussels) through networking and implementing advocacy plans;
- Responsible for promoting and enforcing EDEKA-specific positions in the EU law making process by providing well-founded positions, opinions and studies;
- Steering interest representation, contact management and knowledge exchange within the Brussels-based retail associations (HDE, BVLH, IRE, EuroCommerce);
- Overseeing coordination and collaboration with third party stakeholders (science, politics and NGOs);
- Sustaining coordination with EDEKA Zentrale (public affairs department);
- Facilitating a constant exchange and coordination with all relevant business departments within EDEKA Zentrale (regional wholesale operations and independent retailers).
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, political science or law;
- Minimum 5 years prior work experience in political institutions or in lobbying (corporate, associations) at EU level;
- In-depth knowledge of food or agriculture related EU policies;
- High diplomatic skills;
- High communication abilities;
- Fluent in German and English, good knowledge of French;
- Sense of responsibility, team orientation, independent and structured working methods and creative mind set;
- Literate with common MS-Office applications.
- Attractive and safe workplace;
- Demanding, varied work;
- Team-oriented working environment;
- Salary level will be in accordance with qualifications;
- Social benefits.
If you are interested in this position we do look forward to your online application, submitting relevant application documents (such as curriculum vitae and full certificates), indicating your salary expectations and your possible start date. Applications from people with disabilities are welcome. We do look forward to meeting you!