C&A Foundation is here to transform the fashion industry. We do this by providing financial support, expertise, and networks to enable brands, NGOs and other changemakers to make the fashion industry work better for every person it touches.
Our work is focused on four areas that we believe will have the biggest impact for people: accelerating organic cotton and other sustainable materials, improving working conditions, eradicating forced and child labour, and strengthening communities.
As a corporate foundation, we share the same heritage, values and approach to sustainability as the global retailer C&A. And we work closely to find the best ways to drive change together.
Department: Employee Engagement & Humanitarian Assistance
Reports to: Programme Coordinator Employee Engagement and Humanitarian Assistance
Direct reports: N/A
Purpose of role and responsibilities
To support to manage the global volunteer event aimed at employee engagement in philanthropy and sustainability initiatives.
Key Result Areas/Deliverables
- Liaise with the NGO’s worldwide (application review/contracting and follow-up);
- Review NGO reports and draft/compile summary for feedback communications;
- Event material preparation, production and delivery coordination (in close cooperation with the service providers);
- Support in budget management and financial reporting;
- Support development of communication tools and campaign website.
Education/Professional Qualifications/Language Skills
Graduate professional with couple of years experience in:
- Logistics/Event Management;
- Working in a dynamic, international business environment and/or international NGO, where closely involved with employees and business leads;
- Experience in organisations that have an international presence and business scope and will have experienced a wide variety of cultures, hierarchical levels and business disciplines;
- Speaks several languages, (English, German, French) available for occasional travelling within Europe.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- Able to draft communications;
- Good with numbers and attention to detail;
- Excellent networking and relationship building, negotiation and diplomacy skills;
- Strong sense of organisation, stress resistance;
- Appreciates the importance and role of the mission and values of the foundation;
- Strategic thinker and problem solver;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external parties.
Company behavioral competencies:
- Planning and Organization;
- Customer Orientation;
- Problem Analysis;
- Stress Tolerance;
- Behavioral Flexibility;
- Written/Oral Communication.
What we offer
- Temporary full time fixed term contract (5-6 months, start date January 2017).
Please send all applications (CV and Motivation Letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.